Thursday, November 7, 2013

Using challenges to make more cards

This year I wanted to challenge myself to keep up with Kristina Werner's Holiday card making series but since I don't celebrate Christmas I wanted to use her cards as inspiration to make other cards.  I use either the layout, colors, or the feel of the card to create a new card.  So here are the first 3 days of cards so far.  If you want to follow along with Kristina here is where you can find her blog





So for this card I used similar colors and layout.  I used the PaperTrey Ink and Paper Smooches stamp sets for the bird and sentiment and a woodgrain background rubbed with white ink like Kristina's.


This card uses the wreath idea similar to Day 2 but I used PaperTrek Inks smaller blooms and sentiment to make my own flower wreath.



For this card I used the same colors and format as Day 3 but used another sentiment and filigree stamp from PaperTrey Ink.

That's it for now.  Hope this inspires you to make whatever cards you need using similar ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment