Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Mediterranean chicken recipe

So, awhile ago I decided that I wanted some more practice with scrapbooking.  I decided to make a custom recipe book for myself and scrap my favorite recipes.  I work on it off and on but I try to also get more mileage from my Simon Says Card Kits and scrap a recipe with those also.  Here is one I used with the October kit.



For those of you who like to cook this is a Weight Watchers recipe that my mom gave me and it is very good! Enjoy!

MEDITERRANEAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE

This is a Weight Watchers recipe from mom. 

8 Skinless chicken thighs
1-14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
3/4 cup chopped pitted dates
1/4 cup raisins
12 pimento-stuffed green olives, halved
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp dried basil
1 Tbsp drained capers
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth

Marinate chicken with all ingredients except chicken broth in a ziploc bag for 8 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350. Remove chicken from marinated and arrange in a single layer in a large roasting pan. Pour marinade over chicken, add broth. Bake until chicken is cooked through 35-45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment