Thursday, September 25, 2014

Some quilts

I wanted to post some pictures of a few of the quilts I have made.  I really did not have good photos of my quilts so my dad came over and took some more professional photos for me.  I am so happy and thankful for his work. So here they are...
 This quilt is a small quilt made from a technique by Melinda Bula. The technique uses small pieces of fabric to mimic a painting style. Then quilting is added on top for dimension and later I took a class from Judy Dains and decided to add some crystals.

 This quilt uses hand dyed batiks in mouth watering colors.  Then it is quilted in many different colored and some sparkly threads.  To finish the quilt I made beaded swirls for the centers.  It is so fun to use other hobbies such as beading and painting on the quilts. The skies the limit as they say.


This sunshine was made by first making a basket weave fabric from the hand died strips, the strips were embellished with thread and decorative sticking. Then the sunshine was reverse appliquéd to reveal the beautiful fabric underneath. The border uses the strips to finish off the quilt in a piano key fashion.

Thanks for taking a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment