Sunday, October 9, 2016

Finish-A-Long Q4 2016

Hi All,
I am finally doing it. Sitting down and writing a blog post to participate in the Finish-A-Long. I have been meaning to do this for at least a year now. Better late than never, I guess.

Here is my list of projects I hope to finish!!!

The plan is to make these squares into a baby quilt.  I have two co-workers expecting in the next few months. So this is going to be a baby girl quilt with yellow and pink sashing in between the squares and the border.


 And my other co-worker is having a boy. I'm thinking I might put some pinwheels, nine patch or some six inch blocks on the outside border in boy colors.


This is going to be a fence rail lap quilt.  I love the colors of this quilt. I got the ready cut fabric years ago at a quilt show and finally got around to piecing it.

Last December I bought a serger and am loving sewing some clothes again.  I have always wanted to know the art of clothes sewing and tailoring so I am slowly teaching myself.  It has been a lot of fun, so here are some clothes that I hope to finish...

This fabric is going to be this dress from Gertie's first book.

The plan for this knit is to make a nice cozy sweater from this Colette pattern called Oslo.



This fabric is going to be this princess bodice, but not sure if I'm going to put a full skirt on the bottom or a straighter one.  I want to wear it to a wedding and am loving this dress and want to make something similar.

My mom gave me this fabric. I love the texture of it, and think it would make a nice spring/summer top.
 Close-up of the texture...

And this knit fabric is going to be this dress or a skirt. Not sure if I have quite enough for the dress, so  I'll see...


Well, I think that is it for now. Now I have to get busy sewing, LOL!!!  I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your list and thank you for taking part in the Finish-Along!

    ReplyDelete