Saturday, July 16, 2016

Butterfly quilt

Hi Everyone!
Today I'm sharing the latest quilt I made.  This quilt was made for my aunt and uncles 50th anniversary.  I LOVE THIS QUILT!!!
It started out being a challenge since the log cabin blocks were made from pre-cut kits that I purchased years ago at a quilt show (sound familiar, no one but me ever does that, right?!?!?) Anyhow, once the blocks were all sewn together I wanted to add a border but couldn't find any floral one I liked. So, I ended up with a more neutral background and then added some appliqués on the corners.
I used some of my paper crafting supplies to die cut out some of the flowers and I used my rubber stamps as templates to paint the butterflies.
Painting the butterflies and adding the crystals to the quilt was the best part!!!

Here is the completed quilt all bound and quilted.  In the center log cabin portion I just did "straight" lines and on the border I did echo quilting around the flowers and butterflies and then some free style flowers on the border.


Here's a close-up of the one corner echo quilting.

And...Here's some of the butterflies




Thanks for stopping by and if you have questions or comments please feel free to leave them below.  I enjoy reading them all!

1 comment: