Sunday, January 1, 2017

Flowered skirt

Here is the flowered skirt I finished as part of the Finish-A-Long. I ended up just drawing up an A-line skirt and then added a wide waist band similar to one on a skirt I love. And surprise! It turned out better than expected!!!

Heres a pic of the original post....


And the completed skirt...


And one of the waistband...


Baby Girl quilt

Here is the baby girl quilt I finished for my co-worker as part of the Finish-A-Long...

Here is the picture of original post....

Here's a pic of all the layers pinned together


And here is the final quilt...
Not the best pic, but you get the idea

And a close-up


Sunday, December 25, 2016

Boy ABC quilt

So... here is another of my Finish-A-Long projects.  This is for one of my co-workers who is having a boy.  The pics aren't that great but quilts are always better in "real" life.

The original post....



Finished quilt with 4" pinwheels added...




The back





Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Red Dress

So... I had high hopes of making a beautiful dress. This was my first princess seam dress trial.  I made 2 muslims and then I ended up making the bodice 3 more times.  The sad part is I'm still not happy with it. But the dress is done and I learned alot and I know what I will change next time.

So here is some pics of the disaster on my dress form because its so hard taking pics of yourself in clothes and this dress wasn't worth the effort (just being honest). I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it as is or convert the skirt part just to a skirt... time will tell I guess.

My original idea...



The bust just fits weird in the front and the waist line needs to be higher.


Back actually fits better in real life. But on the form there is some drag lines and the zipper looks tighter than it is in real life.


Oh well, it was a good learning experience.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Oslo sweater

Hi Everyone...
So as part of the Finish A Long, this is one of the projects I was hoping to finish. And I'm happy that I got it done and love the way it turned out and how well it fits!!! I cut out a size Large but used the X Small length, and hemmed the sweater at 1-1/2 inches, other than that I stuck to the pattern.  The pattern is easy to follow and sewed up beautifully with my serger.  I hemmed it on my sewing machine with a Schmetz stretch twin wing needle size 4.0/75 and some Steam A Seam to give it some stability.

Here it was when it all began...


And... Here is the finished product.

Back View...

Sleeve detail...

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Finish-A-Long Q4 2016

Hi All,
I am finally doing it. Sitting down and writing a blog post to participate in the Finish-A-Long. I have been meaning to do this for at least a year now. Better late than never, I guess.

Here is my list of projects I hope to finish!!!

The plan is to make these squares into a baby quilt.  I have two co-workers expecting in the next few months. So this is going to be a baby girl quilt with yellow and pink sashing in between the squares and the border.


 And my other co-worker is having a boy. I'm thinking I might put some pinwheels, nine patch or some six inch blocks on the outside border in boy colors.


This is going to be a fence rail lap quilt.  I love the colors of this quilt. I got the ready cut fabric years ago at a quilt show and finally got around to piecing it.

Last December I bought a serger and am loving sewing some clothes again.  I have always wanted to know the art of clothes sewing and tailoring so I am slowly teaching myself.  It has been a lot of fun, so here are some clothes that I hope to finish...

This fabric is going to be this dress from Gertie's first book.

The plan for this knit is to make a nice cozy sweater from this Colette pattern called Oslo.



This fabric is going to be this princess bodice, but not sure if I'm going to put a full skirt on the bottom or a straighter one.  I want to wear it to a wedding and am loving this dress and want to make something similar.

My mom gave me this fabric. I love the texture of it, and think it would make a nice spring/summer top.
 Close-up of the texture...

And this knit fabric is going to be this dress or a skirt. Not sure if I have quite enough for the dress, so  I'll see...


Well, I think that is it for now. Now I have to get busy sewing, LOL!!!  I'll keep you posted.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Butterfly quilt

Hi Everyone!
Today I'm sharing the latest quilt I made.  This quilt was made for my aunt and uncles 50th anniversary.  I LOVE THIS QUILT!!!
It started out being a challenge since the log cabin blocks were made from pre-cut kits that I purchased years ago at a quilt show (sound familiar, no one but me ever does that, right?!?!?) Anyhow, once the blocks were all sewn together I wanted to add a border but couldn't find any floral one I liked. So, I ended up with a more neutral background and then added some appliqu├ęs on the corners.
I used some of my paper crafting supplies to die cut out some of the flowers and I used my rubber stamps as templates to paint the butterflies.
Painting the butterflies and adding the crystals to the quilt was the best part!!!

Here is the completed quilt all bound and quilted.  In the center log cabin portion I just did "straight" lines and on the border I did echo quilting around the flowers and butterflies and then some free style flowers on the border.


Here's a close-up of the one corner echo quilting.

And...Here's some of the butterflies




Thanks for stopping by and if you have questions or comments please feel free to leave them below.  I enjoy reading them all!