Monday, July 20, 2015

Taking time to sleep & play

This layout is made from some older papers I had from Basic Grey Kissing Booth collection.  I love the colors and paper in this collection.  Especially the little birds on the Oh Darling paper.  I wanted to cut some out to use on the layout but I didn't want to cut each one by hand. So, I bought the Pix Scan matt for my Silhouette Cameo and cut them out!

I used my sewing machine on the strips on the side.  I used some green silk ribbon in my bobbin, some pink variegated thread with a flowered decorative stitch, and then some variegated green thread for some straight stitching.  Hopefully you will be able to see it in the close-ups.

The picture is mounted on a cut file from iheartstudio, the birds were added.   I used some pink gelatos to color the right side. Then, some rubber stamping, journaling and ink splotches to complete everything.




A close-up of the stitching. You can see the silk green ribbon and the variegated pink flowers.


A close-up of the right side with the gelatos and stamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment